Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year Resolutions

I didn't make many in the past, and I don't think I have ever kept one. And that isn't about to change. If I reviewed the year 2006, I think it would easily be the most significant year of my life thus far. And I'd also find that if there is one year that I need to make resolutions for, its 2007.

To be honest, I don't know what I want to change. New perspectives show themselves faster than I can digest them. Too often now, opposing sides present themselves as viable options. Sometimes its a case of what I want to do versus what I need to do to get what I want. Sometimes its a case of suppression of a perfectly natural instinct (in my perspective) to ensure things take a more natural course. And sometimes its swallowing my substantial pride to do something that I want. What do I want to do? Where do I want to stand?

I suppose I'll just have to deal with them as they come. One thing is for sure, I must rein in the past.

Happy New Year, people.

2 comments:

Althras said...

Love (lust?) can 'change perspectives eh'? Of course, I'm just assuming here. Heh.

Siew said...

Hmph. There was more to the year than that you know.

But yes, love (and lust) can change perspectives