Sunday, December 09, 2007

Whats with Lim Kit Siang?

I don't know the full details of what he actually says, but that man sound to me like a bloody loose cannon. He seems to oppose for the sake of opposing, even if there really are little grounds to pick a fight. Provoking the BN MPs seems to be some past time that he enjoys very much.

Apparently, he called somebody a goblok in Parliament the other day. His defense was that he meant 'go blog', meaning that he was telling that person to start blogging. I'm sure there are contexts in which that phrase can make sense, but I am very skeptical that Kit Siang wasn't out to cause trouble.

I've seen his antics in parliament as well, and they aren't what I would call civilized. I mean, the BN backbenchers are a bunch of uncouth monkeys, but that doesn't mean that the opposition lender needs to stoop to their level to engage with them. I actually pity the speaker of the parliament. He always seems helpless in those situations, his repeated pleas for everyone to sit down and calm down are always ignored. Its like he's scared of the MPs or something. How is a mediator supposed to do his job when he has no power?

Watching the way Kit Siang handle situations has substantially eroded the credibility that he has with me. It makes me question the questions that he raises and every allegation that he makes is greeted with a healthy dose mistrust. I actually wonder why he is still opposition leader because I seriously doubt DAP is that devoid of talent. Maybe its one of those 'old farts that refuse to let go' problems that seem to plague other political parties.

2 comments:

Volvoxx said...

HAHA!

I've seen several youtube videos on parliament sessions. Its chaotic. And in most cases (or rather, videos), both sides seem only to disagree with each other for the sake of being on the opposing sides. Makes it all rather...pointless.

And yeah, I pity the speaker. Looks like a very tension job. Worse than asking your own kids to stop screaming at each other.

Alex said...

those aside... the motions are superb.. " cut .... pay by RM 10 for ......"

Considering how insults are being thrown at a daily basis in the parliament, I don`t see why the big fuss even if Lim intentionally used the word 'goblok'.

Besides, if he denies it... then issue resolve. I just don`t get it why ppl go through such great lengths to insist that he meant to say stupid, and the force an apology.

wasted of the parliament's time... and our money paying them to argue on such petty things.