Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I have a second blog.

Yes, I do. It partially explains why I haven't really been posting as much here. Actually, thats just an excuse. I haven't been posting here because I honestly have nothing to post about. The ideas I have been getting are pretty offensive, and I rather keep them to myself. Or just share them with those whom I know will not flip. A public space just isn't the place to air those opinions.

But, the bit about the second blog is true. I didn't really have a choice. Its for a subject called Engineers and Society. Its rubbish. To me at least. Suddenly MMU notices that engineers are graduating with little or no knowledge about their surroundings and decides to do something about it. The result is this total retard of a subject.

And to make the engineers a little more outspoken, we have been required to blog. About the society. I don't know if you have seen the kind of people that populate the engineering faculty. If you do, then you will know that having an opinion is just something that they are not very good at. When all you do is study indisputable facts about our universe, you tend to get used to not arguing. So what we get is a big, drivelley pool of literary degenerati. The attempts at giving relationship tips are so bloody shallow, I really wanted to harm myself after reading the posts. Then there are the usual religious nutcases who want to talk about 'the greatest man who has ever lived' or 'why pork is haram'.

Some people have a problem with the system because it is more of a popularity contest than anything else. The more friends you have in class, the more stars you get on your articles, even if they may be close to being unreadable.

But my problem with the damn system is just the fact that it exposes the true extent of what engineers in MMU consider important and worth writing about. Its something I can live happily without ever knowing about. I don't want to know. It depresses me. And the worst part is I have to comment at least 3 times a week, which pretty much forces me to read the posts.

No escape. These lecturers think of everything.

Damn.

No comments: