Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Pretty fun stuff.

I haven't been posting for some time, between my dad being discharged from the hospital, L!m's assignments and a final commentary piece for Model United Nations, I haven't really had the time.

The weekend spent in Singapore was what I would have called a complete experience. For me, it had everything. A sense of achievement, embarassment, elation, depression, the whole works. On the bright side, my team won best newspaper. And I had 2 articles published front page. And my editor really liked my analysis. So did the head of the press corps. I went from reporter on day one to analyst on day two. All in all, enough to make me wonder what I'm doing in engineering all over again. I became a mentor to a journalism student, which was a little weird to be honest.

Then there was the hour or so that I spent on the verge of tears. I still managed to churn out a decent article in that state, probably because I had all the ideas already preformed before I curled up into a small ball and started whimpering. I haven't felt that way in a while, the shortness of breath and actual physical suffocation still catches me off guard.

I had fairly high expectations for the Model UN and I would say that NTU has fulfilled them. I feel a sense of vindication, like I proved something to myself. I suppose you were right when you told me to go with what I felt was right for me, even if it seems like the encouragement served a secondary purpose. Whatever it is, I just hope I didn't cock up too badly. Sorry.

No comments: