Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Untitled.

Anonymous: "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Woo hoo, what a ride!"

Now, reading that really smacked me in the face. All my earlier posts about doing stuff and being spontaneous summarized rather brutally in one paragraph. Never mind the fact that I have no idea what Chardonnay is. Probably something alcoholic.

But the fact remains that I think I'm likely to be one of those 9 to 5ers clocking in early every day and getting home, plonking myself down on the couch for a while, and then going to bed early because I'm tired. That very thought depresses me. Knowing that you are headed that way and not really knowing what to do to stop it is the thing that bothers me most.

I know its a long shot, but Auntie, you could very well be my way out. Teach me the art of living, so that I may have my mid-life crisis without regretting how I spent my youth. I'm not even sure if one can learn such a thing, but if you are willing to talk about it, I'm all ears.

No comments: