Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The 5 a.m. sleepless night rhyme

I look to my left, and I see my world,
A zone of comfort, where I seem unfurled,
At ease with the norms and expectations,
A place where I never seem out of fashion.

To my right, the great unknown,
Where seeds of doubt are too easily sown,
A place that I had been blind to see,
By circumstance of just being too mousy.

Drawn to the right, but happy with the left,
Confusion to the point of certain death,
I can see the joy that lies in store,
But if I submit to impulse, I feel like a whore.

I see examples, and I often wonder,
Whyever not, its not like the world will be torn asunder,
But something always feels out of place,
Like a duck wading around in toxic waste.

I tell myself that these things take time,
It could take years to feel sublime,
But to think of time that has gone to waste,
I can't help but to think that I should make haste.

You are who you are, I've heard that before,
But what if who you are is a bloody bore?
Do you force yourself to get with the hype?
Or do you ignore it and do what you like?

Its really no fun figuring this out,
Too bad I'm too old to sit down and pout,
So I'll rhyme my way to some peace of mind,
And hope that somehow, the stars will align.

No comments: