Sunday, November 25, 2007

Emboldened Malaysians.

Wow. Another rally? That whole Bersih thing seems to have given Malaysians some serious balls. I must say, I found this rally to be really amusing. Asking the Queen of England for help to sue the British government is plainly ridiculous. But thats also missing the point of the petition. The aim of the rally was to make some noise, and it sure did. I had never even heard of Hindraf before this. As a publicity stunt, it was bloody brilliant.

But to me, it serves another purpose. It further shows the levels of intolerance that our government has for any opposition to their stand. The violent response shown will only make the international community who might have been skeptical about all the reports of Malaysia not really being democratic after all believe all the stories circulating around the internet.

Confirming the stories of your opponents is not very smart. But I can't even begin to imagine what the government is doing. Everything they do flies in the face of logic, and I can't honestly say that my evaluation and my game plan would work any better for them. Because I don't know what their agenda is. I can't call them dumb, because they might see things that I don't see....

Oh well...

No comments: