Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tired at wrong times of the day.

Work is annoying. But interesting. And somewhat frustrating.

Its annoying because its tiring. And it eats my weekend up. And leaves me looking forward to Wednesdays and Thursdays as my days of rest.

So far, it has remained somewhat interesting. There are still subtle little things for me to learn, and unlike most of my colleagues, I actually look forward to taking down orders. Walking someone through what he or she wants sure beats cleaning up the bloody mess they leave behind. And seeing different kinds of people eat, handle their children and work makes for an interesting spectacle.

And its also frustrating. Because I know that the job pays peanuts. And I also know that I would slip into severe depression if I came to a realization that I would be doing the same routine thing for the rest of my life with little chance of escape. I suspect those are to prospects that face some of the long term staff there. Its hard to take pride in the work I do. With the kind of pay it receives and the rate of staff being hired and leaving, I can't seem to shake off the feeling that I'm doing something anyone else can do. I think I'm getting a clearer picture of how some people end up finding their jobs meaningless and hollow. But have to do it anyway, because its just what they do. And I hope it never happens to me. I am really scared of getting stuck in a 9 to 5 job that has me groaning every morning and staring blankly at the wall in the evening.

The temptation to quit is there, but I'm going to see this through. Just need to keep telling myself that it could be much worse.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Lol!!! That was exactly my thought when I was working there too.

Hey.. smile and talk to your customer. Some really tip you, a lot. It`s not only the money (yeah right), but it`s the satisfaction that someone`s happy with your service till the point they want to make sure you get something in return.

Trust me, it brightens your day.

In'Saint Myne said...

Working in a same job is always boring when you did the same thing everyday for a long period...

but there's some job are interesting... anyways if there is and you found one, you wont tell anybody about it...(keep to urself) haha