Thursday, September 14, 2006

The test results..

Are a complete mystery. Yep, he told us some of us got zero. About 20 of us actually. Some got 100, no surprise there. And he wouldn't release the marks. He will not tell us how much we got. But he is giving us a second chance. We are supposed to answer 10 questions and submit them to him. Marks from that will replace out test marks, whichever is higher.

This is like the second time this semester that the mechanical engineering lecturers have had to give us some sort of make up test to keep that failure rates down. The first was for Mechanics of Materails. Then dynamics. If we fail, we fail together.

Which brings me to another point. My friend made an observation that us mechanical engineering students are a lot more united than our electronic friends. If one fellow in class has solved an assignment, pretty much everyone gets a copy. Apparently, in electronics, its every group to itself. We know each other a little better. Of course, there is a reason for that. Our batch is small, and we can all fit into one class. We have all our lectures together. It kinda makes sense that we know each other just a little bettter.

But I just think that we don't really know each other all that well. Granted, there are about 150 students in my class, but I figuired that I should be able to name most of them by now. But I can't. The little chinese cliques are completely alien to me. And they make up a pretty significant part of the class. Maybe it does have something to do with the size of the class, I don't know.

Its only recently that I began to realize that the mechanical engineers in my class are a pretty cool bunch of people. Yeah, we're all guys in the group, but it really isn't half bad. At least we don't have to wacth out mouths before we spew some vile joke that would be very inappropriate in the presence of a girl. I almost forgot how much fun guy talk is.

No comments: