Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Writing.

Writing has never quite meant as much to me as it does now. I have never actually found the need for expression. I wrote because I wanted to. Now I actually find that writing is almost a necessity.

For me now, writing isn't so much a form of release as it is a form of expression. I can't keep things inside. Its just not me. I need to let it out. Smashing things around me is an option. But I find writing a lot less destructive and easy on the physical self.

This blog is one way. I needed another. So I found another. Rummaging through my cupboard, I found this nice hard cover book. Completely empty. 120 pages of blank lines for me to fill.

And so I have a journal. Its not a diary. I don't just write anything in there. Its not a place for me to rant about how lame studying is.

And writing, as in literally writing, is something I haven't done in a while. Typing out your thoughts just doesn't seem to be able to put it down quite as well. I could quite easily have created a new private blog that no one knows about. But I decided that writing would be more fulfilling. And so far, I think I'm right. But thats just me, a traditionalist in that sense. I never did take to technology the way most of my generation has.

No comments: